So, anyway, meme :
1. Can you cook? I cook a lot, but my cooking is fairly mediocre a lot of the time. I can do some things really well, though - my aubergine and chick pea in harissa salad is good, and so is my borlotti bean ragu for pasta. My roast chicken isn't bad and I like my chili, even if no one else likes it as much as I do.
2. What was your dream growing up? I wanted to transition, which I did, and I wanted to make a living writing, which I do, sort of, and I wanted to find true love, which I did. I sort of hoped I would be prettier and healthier and never grow old, but that is the trouble with dreams.
3. What talent do you wish you had? I wish, I seriously wish, that I had some musical talent - I'd like to be able to play the piano competently.
4. Favorite place? The tables outside Bar Italia in Soho; the little park round the back of Charing Cross Road; the cafes in St. Mark's Square; the deli near the Flatiron building; the balcony/patio of Lorna and Rupert's flat on the outskirts of Florence; the living room of Jack's flat in NY; my own flat, obviously; the shopping precincts in Santa Monica; the squares in Le Marais, Paris.
5. Favorite vegetable? Fine green beans steamed and tossed in garlic; celeriac grated and mixed with low-fat may; roast parsnips.
6. The last book you read? New Laura Lipmann thriller Little Sister
7. What zodiac sign are you? Cancer
8. Any Tattoos and / or Piercings? None
9. Worst Habit? Compensatory shopping
10. Do we know each other outside of Livejournal? I know quite a few LJ people in real life, but most of the people on my friends list are not there for that reason.
11. What is your favourite sport? Does not apply.
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? Generally cheery
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Strike up a conversation
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? Nearly dying from surgery.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you. I eat Marmite with mayonnaise
16. Do you have any pets? Gabriel, The death of much beloved cats means that I won't take that responsibility anymore.
17. Do you know how to do the Macarena? No.
18. What time is it where you are now? 2.30 pm GMT
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Neither, just a bit boring.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? I'd like to lose the surgical hernia.
21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?Conscience, definitely.
22. What colour eyes do you have? Blue grey with brown flecks
23. Ever been arrested? I and a friend were once busted for hustling in Soho, and I convinced the cops - who were quite prepared to frame me in order to get my friend, who had annoyed them but wasn't guilty of anything else - that busting me would be more trouble than it was worth.
24. Bottle or Draft? I hardly drink anything except champagne at parties.
25. If you won £10,000 today, what would you do with it? Pay a few remaining debts; put some aside; upgrade computer, stereo, television, boots; have a holiday.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? I hate gum
27. Which is your favourite bar to hang at? Bar Italia, these days, but for coffee not drink
28. Do you believe in ghosts? I have seen dead people in my dreams and am uncertain whether to regard them as real or delusions; certainly they told me things - trivial things - that I did not otherwise know and which proved to be true.
29. Favourite thing to do in your spare time? Talk to friends, because that is the one bit of my spare time that is not part of my career
30. Do you swear a lot? Too much
31. Biggest pet peeve? Having to remind a lot of online friends that I am a lot older than they are and may know the odd thing.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Amusing
33. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? I'd rather make it generally available.
Copied from various people, notably debg